Mail may be sent to Board Members at the following address: 885 Siskiyou Blvd. or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Board
The five-member Board of Directors is the policy-making body of the school district. The board derives its legal authority from the statutes of the State of Oregon. Board members are elected for 4-year terms and they are community volunteers who serve without pay.
To accomplish its role, the Board:
· Determines the long-range direction of the District
· Establishes policies that direct the instructional and support programs
· Employs and evaluates the Superintendent
· Communicates with the community
· Negotiates with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
· Calls elections on bond proposals
· Approves the annual budget
Board members are elected from the district at large, not from geographical zones. Board elections occur in May of each odd numbered year. The term of office for board members begins on July 1 immediately following the election.
When a position on the board is vacated before the end of the term, the position will be open for election at the next school board election. The school board will solicit applicants and select by majority vote a community member to appoint to the vacant position until June 30 following the next regular election.
To be eligible to serve on the board, a person must be a registered voter in the school district, must have been a resident of the district for one year immediately preceding the election, and may not be an employee of the district or any charter school within the district.